April 2, 2013 by karamcaulay
Six Pixels of Separation by Mitch Joel. Very good read for the digitally non-initiated. Creating killer content: The ripple effect is important in creating content – slowly but surely you will build credibility as well as an engaged audience. Just like SEO, your content takes time to permeate the digital sphere.
“Whatever your business, you can use a blog to share what you’re thinking, share what’s going on in your industry and, most importantly, share your expertise.”
“Ripples grow wider and bigger until they become waves. Waves never stop. They keep pounding the land, one after the other.”
Mitch says to approach the long road with authenticity and sincerity and you’ll flourish.
Taking part in the myriad conversations also adds to your legacy of content:
– Add your comments and insights to a blog. Push the conversation forward.
– If you mention someone – tag their full name.
– Start your own group or page on Facebook (be a leader).
– Listen to podcasts on iTunes and write a review in iTunes.
– Share. This is all about sharing, connecting, and conversations.